August 16, 2006

Days past and my first session done

Ok, so it has been a few days since I blogged. What have I been up to? Where am I? Where am I off to?

Well nothing much has been going on here the last few days, I have pretty much been working, even my evening runs have taken a back seat, the days at work have been pretty hectic and any thoughts of running was all but a small thought. I take pride in the fact that at the office, I walk 6 flights of stairs instead of the lift, it is only 3 floors but 6 lot of stairs.

But even though I say I didn't go run, I managed a nice run on Saturday, ran past the harbour and it was my first run solo in this strange place. At first it was a little strange running past everyone walking about just giving me strange looks. So I changed my "attitude" on the run and everyone I ran past I gave a hearty Bon Jour (however you spell that) and it was returned just as hearty with a Bon Jour!!! Best be friendly after all this is their home, I am the stranger/visitor here.

Now I have also been asked to add photo's of the inside of my apartment (to follow) and some strange requests of photo's with me in them. Now that is a scary thought, I actually would like people to keep returning to my blog and see how things are going. So with that request in mind, I will take it into consideration.

Now I am flying back to South Africa today, Cape Town in particular, I will only arrive there at 16:00 17 August, so the travel is about to start. There is a thought going through my mind about the issues at airlines ... no, I am not worried about hi-jackings and planes blowing up, I am more concerned that the airports here are going to jump on the band wagon and go through all our bags and waste all this time. I suppose better to waste some time than to have a plane blow up :)

So the schedule is to fly from Cameroon - Douala tonight at 23:55 and arrive in Kenya - Nairobi at about 06:20. I will leave from Kenya at 07:20 to arrive in Johannesburg at 10:40 where I will wait till 13:30 and fly to Cape Town where I will finally land at 15:40.

Now before I came to the apartment to complete my packing, our driver took us to a market, I must say they do have some nice little things there, bracelets, necklaces, t-shirts and I saw the most adorable pair of pink shoes for my soon to be born Niece. This is a task for my next trip here to go and buy those shoes. But here are some photo's of the market ... not a busy day for them but when you arrive you have to be hard, the marketers will stand in your way and try and force you into their "shop" not in an agressive way, they just want your money :)







Now the last photo I just had to put in, after my write up about the way people drive here and there is no accidents, I was surprised to drive past an accident, nothing major, just a bit of a bumper bashing, so yes, accidents do happen here in Cameroon.



Now, till next time, I will probably be in South Africa ... from what I am told a very cold Cape Town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home