August 07, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane .. la la lalala

Well here I am ... sitting at News Cafe at Johannesburg International Airport. I got here pretty early, dragging mom, dad and brother with me. I didn't force them, they wanted to come see me off.

I have been at the airport since 06:30 and got to enjoy a nice breakfast with the family.

My biggest worry was realized though, the worry was that my luggage was going to weigh too much. I wouldn't have so much luggage if I was packing up my life but that I am. Packing my life up and moving on to a better one *wink*

As for the luggage problem.... after adjusting my luggage my check in luggage was 7kg over the limit (they let that through with no penalty or extra payment. My hand luggage however they wouldn't let me get away with that. It was 2kg over the limit. So I took out a book and my toiletries and I was down to 9kg ... went through checkin and repacked the toiletries and book back into the bag ... go figure ...

Now the other question is where are my other companions ... the question after that ... will my luggage make it to Douala??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home