September 10, 2006

Another Weekend

Ok, so another weekend has passed in Douala-Cameroon and I am sad to say I don't have anything very exciting to tell you. I was really lazy this weekend and didn't get up to much besides watch TV, eat and study.

Friday night however I had a huge craving for pizza, I couldn't focus on anything else but having a pizza, now I was told to go to this place called Mediterranee Restaurant which serves pretty much everything you could have a craving for. My collegue Patrice joined me and he wanted fish.

So here we are at the Mediterranee Restaurant:



This pic is taken from the outside (duh - pretty obvious observation but anyway) basically as you come into the entrance way of the seating area, seating both outside and in





The two pics above are just from different angles inside the restaurant. The guy in the green shirt is Patrice, the project manager on this project.



Ahhhhhh my pizza, when it arrived I thought it was a pretty small pizza and you do not get a choice between small, medium and large and for 5500CFA (R73) I would think you would get a much bigger pizza but surprisingly it was pretty filling, I did struggle on the last two slices so either my stomach is shrinking (oh please say it is so) or the size actually is deceiving. It is roughly the size of a medium pizza in SA

Well dinner came and went and it was time to head on home, we thought it a good idea to tell our driver Faso, to go home and we will find our own transport home, how difficult is it to get a cheap taxi (motorbike) back home ... well this seemed more difficult than we anticipated. It just so happens that the cheap taxi's were not too happy to drive us to Marie Du Douala in the evening and wanted to charge us 300 CFA each ... apparently Bonanjo (the area we stay in) is not to safe to get to at night, remember that one road I told you about. It is just getting through that road. Well we managed to get a car taxi and he only charged us 500CFA so there Mr cheap taxi ...

funny though cause I don't see the streets or the roads they talk about as being dangerous, no one there looks like they will harm you or anything, when Faso was taking us to Mediteranee I showed him the route I walked and his only comments were "God must be on your side" Oh is all I can reply. Later that night I was reading a book on Cameroon Douala and the area I was walking in also says in the book that it best you don't walk around there. This just happens to be the harbor area. Well now I know ...



I had to post the new pics of our Driver Faso, he got himself a new car, he is very pleased with the new one and so am I, much better car and it has aircon ... whoo hooo you have no idea how happy that makes me.



Faso loves Toyota

Anyway, it is Sunday and time for me to head on home, find a cheap taxi before it gets to dark here and hopefully get another run in, yes I managed about 10km this morning and would like to get in another 5km before supper time.

You all have fun now you hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home