September 07, 2006

Le Berlin


Now I am dedicating this one post just to this restaurant. Le Berlin!! The owner, Eve is from Germany. Not sure why he has decided to leave Germany and make a life in Cameroon but I will say this, the Camerooneans are one lucky bunch of people because the food at this place is top class


Le Berlin is situated in the town centre and next to Akwa Palace. When I was there I had the Fillet de Bouf (who cares how you spell it) it was the best steak fillet I have had in a very very long time.


This is the inside of the restaurant, as you can see it is pretty small. Now in this pic you can see the upstairs portion of the restaurant and directly below is where you can sit and eat. When chatting to Eve, he mentioned that when he started the restaurant he was worried as not many people would be coming to eat. My other work collegues mentioned that in January of this year when they were here, they were the only patrons to the restaurant. Eve would sit and make the food himself, now however when I was here to eat, the place was packed, Eve no longer has time to cook so as his buisness started to increase he started to teach his kitchen staff to cook teh way he cooks, thankfully they are good learners as the food as I have mentioned was absolutely brilliant.


Yes, I did get their permission to take the pic, you can't have a restaurant without it's own bar section now can you. Even though it looks empty, the reason is because this was take early on a Saturday morning, I thought I had a better chance of being allowed to take the pic. No, I don't have it with Eve, he was unfortunately not at the restaurant and he would probably have had no problem in me taking a pic of the place. Now what I thought pretty good about Eve being the owner was that when the waitress was having trouble understanding our order being foreign and all, Eve would come sit with us and guide us through the menu and make the recommendations as well as assist the waitress with our order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home