January 07, 2007

Back in the land of ....

Well I am finally in Cameroon, not totally happy about being here and my trip here has been off to a bad start.

Not sure why I am surprised, but when I got to the airport my luggage didn't arrive AGAIN!! This is the 3rd time in a row that my luggage hasn't arrived. I caused a bit of a stink and was given 40 000 CFA's as a compensation. It is now Sunday and still no word from the airport so I would only assume that my luggage hasn't arrived yet.

I tell you one thing, I am really getting tired of coming to this country and every time my luggage is sitting somewhere else. I mean, how difficult is it to get my darn bags on the plane to arrive at the airport when I do??? I even went and bought a new suitcase that has extra locks to deter them from breaking in. If my luggage arrives my next option is to get myself some stickers of the Cameroon flag and stick that on my bags ... hopefully it will make them think I am from Cameroon and my luggage will arrive here as quickly as I do. This idea is compliments of my girlfriend Nicky.

Well the bad day didn't stop there. I still had to get to my hotel. They booked me in and I thought the room was pretty good but then I get told I am in the wrong room and they move me to some dump of a room where nothing can get locked. The previous room at least had a safe. Thankfully I have managed to get my boss to confirm that I should have been in the first room and I have to sort new vouchers and letters out so that I can stay here or else I have to pay the difference in rates.

But I still believe this is my year of success, money and love after all according to chinese horoscopes I am a pig and this is the year of the pig!! So keeping the faith!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home